- World Number 144, Australian Nick Kyrgios defeated world number 1 Rafael Nadal in 4 sets and will now face Milos Raonic in a Wimbledon quarter final.
- Nick has become the first teenager to defeat a world number 1 at a grand slam since Nadal beat Roger Federer at the French Open in 2005.
- He is also the first player ranked outside the top 100 to defeat a world number 1 at a grand slam in 22 years.
- Nick blasted 37 aces on his way to victory.
- Nadal congratulated Nick on his victory, and suggested his next stop was the beach.