Djokovic celebrated his third Wimbledon win by eating grass from Centre Court – a move that has become his tradition on the most hallowed court in tennis.
• Novak Djokovic battled through 5 sets to defeat Roger Federer and claim his 2nd Wimbledon title and 7th Grand Slam title overall.
• After claiming victory in the ‘most special’ grand slam he’s played, Novak dropped to the ground for a ‘nice bite’ of the Wimbledon grass.
• World Number 144, Australian Nick Kyrgios defeated world number 1 Rafael Nadal in 4 sets and will now face Milos Raonic in a Wimbledon quarter final.
• Nick has become the first teenager to defeat a world number 1 at a grand slam since Nadal beat Roger Federer at the French Open in 2005.
• Australian Nick Kyrgios came back from 2 sets down and saved 9 match points to beat world #14 Richard Gasquet to progress to the 3rd round at Wimbledon.
• This is Nick’s first Wimbledon main draw debut after having earned a wildcard entry earlier this month.