Hilarious footage shows a 100m steeplechase runner who started celebrations for his ‘win’ so early that he accidentally let a competitor beat him.
The Milwaukee Brewers have banned high fives in a bid to stop the spread of pink eye in the team.
Novak Djokovic prevailed over Stan Wawrinka in 5 sets, but not before delivering the infamous ‘Djokovic death stare’ to a linesman after a string of calls he perceived to be bad.
A ball boy at the Australian Open had to take a break from his duties on court after a 200km/h serve from Spaniard Feliciano Lopez slammed straight into his crotch!
Rafael Nadal is now using a ‘smart racquet’ made by Babolat, which contains sensors and records technical data on every ball struck while switched on.
Footage is circulating of Australian prime Minister Tony Abbott being comprehensively booed by the 83,000-strong crowd at the NRL Grand Final post-game ceremony on Sunday.
• Caroline Wozniacki’s long hair proved troublesome at the US Open when it got tangled up with her racket while trying to return a shot.
• Australian, Nick Kyrgios says he doesn’t wear underwear on the tennis court, despite being named the new ambassador for Australian underwear label, Bonds.
• “Mad Dog” Marinko Matosevic lived up to his nickname after another meltdown, this time at the Cincinnati Masters, where he refused to shake the umpire’s hand, kicked at an on court camera, and reportedly spat and cursed.
• The incident occurred after Marinko thought he served the winning ace, only to have it ruled out.
• Russian daredevil ‘Sergey Jumping Buddha’ nearly fell to his death after slipping during a backflip on a 40-storey building.
• Footage of the incident which was uploaded to YouTube had amassed nearly 1 million views!