- Novak Djokovic celebrated his third Wimbledon win by kneeling down and eating grass from Centre Court – a move that has become his tradition on the most hallowed court in tennis.
- Novak reportedly commended the groundskeepers and said the grass tastes “very good” this year.
- Famous for his strict diet, Novak joked that he was reassured the grass was “not processed, completely organic and natural”.
- As to the rationale for his celebration, Novak told the BBC that as a child it was one of the “crazy things” he dreamt of doing if he ever won Wimbledon.
- Novak defeated Roger Federer in 4 sets (7-6, 6-7, 6-4, 6-3) to deny him a record 8th win at Wimbledon, which would have seen Roger surpass Pete Sampras’ record of 7 wins.
- This is the 2ndconsecutive year that Novak has beaten Roger in the Wimbledon final.
- The World Number 1 now has 9 Grand Slam Wins, which puts him ahead of greats Andre Agassi and Ivan Lendl.