- Australian daredevil Robbie Maddison has become the first person to surf a wave on a motorbike, which was captured by DC in a video called Pipe Dream.
- It’s reported that Robbie spent 2 years building a motorbike capable of taking big waves at Teahupoo in Tahiti.
- To achieve his dream, Robbie modified his bike with small skis at the front, a propeller on the back and a custom air bag to stop the bike from sinking.
- On his last attempt, Robbie was swallowed by a wave, but survived the shoot without any serious injuries.
- Robbie said he never felt like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time more than he did right there and that it was a “near-death experience”.
- Robbie is Australia’s answer to Evil Knievel, having previously made headlines for jumping the length of a football field and leaping across the Corinth Canal in Greece.
- Robbie also doubled for Daniel Craig in Skyfall!