- After just 6 months of training and 4 preseason games, Australian rugby league star Jarryd Hayne been selected in the San Francisco 49ers’ 53-man roster for the upcoming season, in one of the greatest code switches of all time!
- Jarryd has been the talk of the NFL as a punt and kick returner and back-up running back, completing the preseason with the most average yards per rush (175 yards from 25 carries).
- Although Jarryd’s performance was consistent throughout preseason, his brutal charge on a San Diego Chargers defender had commentators convinced that he belonged in the NFL.
- However, Jarryd won’t know whether he will be a part of the 49ers’ opening game against the Minnesota Vikings until 90 minutes before the game when coach Jim Tomsula names his 46 active players for the game.
- Jarryd stunned the Australian sporting world when he announced his retirement from the NRL after 176 games with the Parramatta Eels 11 months ago.
us-sports/nfl/jarryd-hayne- officially-unveiled-as-a- 49ers-nfl-player-after-making- the-53-man-roster/story- fnp3l4e4-1227514684952
us-sports/jarryd-hayne- selected-in-san-francisco- 49ers-final-53man-nfl-roster- 20150904-gjfq27.html