Footage is circulating of Australian prime Minister Tony Abbott being comprehensively booed by the 83,000-strong crowd at the NRL Grand Final post-game ceremony on Sunday.
• Caroline Wozniacki’s long hair proved troublesome at the US Open when it got tangled up with her racket while trying to return a shot.
• Australian, Nick Kyrgios says he doesn’t wear underwear on the tennis court, despite being named the new ambassador for Australian underwear label, Bonds.
• “Mad Dog” Marinko Matosevic lived up to his nickname after another meltdown, this time at the Cincinnati Masters, where he refused to shake the umpire’s hand, kicked at an on court camera, and reportedly spat and cursed.
• The incident occurred after Marinko thought he served the winning ace, only to have it ruled out.
• Russian daredevil ‘Sergey Jumping Buddha’ nearly fell to his death after slipping during a backflip on a 40-storey building.
• Footage of the incident which was uploaded to YouTube had amassed nearly 1 million views!
• Sally Pearson defended her 100 metre hurdles title at the Commonwealth Games by clocking 12.69 seconds and winning gold!
• Kazakhstan volleyball player Sabina Altynbekova has become an online sensation after appearing at a championship in Taiwan.
• However, some claim Sabina is too attractive and a “distraction to the sport” .
• Queen Elizabeth photobombed a selfie taken by Australian hockey player Jayde Taylor before the Hockeyroos’ opening match against Malaysia at the Commonwealth games.
• Bottom of the ladder St Kilda Saints have pulled off the upset of the season by defeating second-place Fremantle Dockers by 58 points.
• Nick Riewoldt starred with 30 possessions and 4 goals.
• Germany has defeated Argentina 1-0 to claim the 2014 World Cup.
• The winning goal was scored by Mario Götze in the 113th minute.