- GREAT NEWS! Cats aren’t disconnected and distant. They really, really love you!
- According to a new study from Oregon State University, cats love their parents, even above food.
- During the study, 50 cats from various locations, such as homes and shelters were deprived of food, human contact and toys for several hours, then presented with these stimuli to see what they missed the most.
- Surprisingly (depending on your view of cats), over half of the cats went straight for some cuddles.
- Only 37% headed for the food! There was no discernible difference between cats from homes or shelters.
- Thefindings have been published in the University’s Behavioural Processes publication.