- Have you ever wanted to discover a planet?
- Astronomers at the Australian National University are asking for help from the public to find ‘Planet Nine’, which is thought to be orbiting our solar system beyond Pluto!
- Hundreds of thousands of images of the southern sky have been taken by the University’s Siding Spring Observatory, and posted to a website (linked in bio).
- ANU astronomer Dr Brad Tucker told the BBC that he hopes the planet exists in the southern sky and that, if it does, it’s in one of those images.
- The discoverer will have input in the naming of the planet (although he says Planet McPlanetface will not be an option)!
- The project was launched by Professor Brian Cox as part of BBC Two’s Stargazing Live.
- Willyou help? What would you call ‘Planet Nine’??
Leave a Reply