- Louis Jordan was returned to his family on Good Friday after being lost at sea for 66 days, and having already been mourned by many!
- Louis disappeared after a fishing trip off the coast of South Carolina when his sailboat capsized and the mast broke. He was found by helicopter sitting on the hull of his capsized sailboat 200 miles off the coast of North Carolina.
- It’s reported that Louis suffered a broken collarbone when his boat capsized a couple of days into his fishing trip.
- After his return (22.5kg lighter!), Louis says he survived the ordeal by cooking 2 or 3 pancakes a day by frying flour in oil, catching fish with a hand net and drinking rainwater, which he says tasted like coconut water.
- Louis says he read the Bible every day and that this faith helped him survive.
- Louis’ parents say they never gave up hope, but that it became increasingly difficult to be confident that their son would be found alive, especially in light of the cold nights. Some memorials had even been held in his name.