- An Italian valet destroyed a $A600,000 2012 Ferrari GTO 599 after he mistook the accelerator for the brake.
- According to Corriere della Sera, Roberto Cinti told police he got confused and accidentally pressed the accelerator instead of the brake.
- Roberto also destroyed the Orietta Astrologo shopfront, leaving only the ‘Ory’ part of the trading name on the sign visible.
- It’s reported that Roberto was delivering the car to its Dutch owners, who had taken part in a Ferrari Owner’s Club meeting. The identity of the Dutch owners has not been disclosed and therefore the reaction to this incident is not yet known.
- Roberto was taken to hospital for treatment of mild injuries and shock.
- The 2012 Ferrari GTO 599 can go from 0 to 100km/h in 3 seconds, and can reach speeds of up to 320km/h.