- Research carried out by Austin Health shows that the consumption of sugary drinks with fatty meals might actually help to protect against weight gain!
- During the trial, participants who were given coke, instead of a healthy drink, with their burger felt fuller for longer, which meant they were less likely to overeat later on.
- Although the surprising results are not yet fully understood, members of Austin Health say that metabolic pathways change when you add fructose and fat together to make you feel less hungry.
- The results mimic those found in pre-clinical studies carried out on rats, who were less likely to put on weight with the fat/sugar diet.
- However, Dr Sof Andrikopoulos Associate Professor of medicine at the University of Melbourne warned against consuming excessive amounts of such meals and drinks, and suggested we focus on the nutritional value of the things we eat.
Leave a Reply