- Judges in France have rejected attempts by 2 sets of parents to name their child Nutella and Strawberry, respectively.
- In the first case, held in city of Valenciennes, the Judge pointed out that Nutella was the trade name of a spread, and would therefore lead to disparaging comments.
- In the other case, held in town of Raismes earlier this month, the Judge ruled that Fraise (French for strawberry) would also be ridiculed, especially given the common French phrase “ramène ta fraise” (get your ass over here).
- The Judges named the babies Ella and Fraisine respectively.
- Until 1993, French parents had to select names for their children from a list of legally acceptable options!