- A paramedic saved his own life by driving himself to the hospital after he realised he was having a heart attack while on the job!
- David Watson was the sole paramedic on duty while working in Casterton when he felt crushing chest pain and tingling down both arms.
- David rushed into his ambulance and ran tests on his heart, the results of which did not seem right to the experienced paramedic.
- The ECG reading revealed that David was in fact having a heart attack.
- David drove 100m from the station to the hospital, where he was then airlifted to the Geelong Hospital, and operated on immediately.
- David is now recovering, and expects to return to work in 2 months.
Leave a Reply