- The Uzbekistan Government has proposed to help nearly 2 million households to feed themselves and earn money by providing them with chickens and lemon trees.
- According to draft decree documentation, households will be provided with poultry or seedlings, so that they can sell eggs/lemons back to the Government for export.
- Uzbekistan’s exports are booming thanks to demand from neighbouring countries such as Russia.
- It’s believed that this will help generate employment, given that nearly two thirds of the country’s population of 32 million live in rural areas.
- It’s reported that the Government plans to give 100 chickens to 850,000 households, and help 1.07 million households to build greenhouses for 4.2 million lemon trees.
Leave a Reply