- According to research undertaken at Northumbria University, women are good dancers because of… their hips.
- During the study, scientists recorded women dancing to a drum beat, then rendered their movements as 39 computer avatars without physical features to produce 15-second clips, which were then rated by 200 people.
- Results showed that higher scores were received by dancers with greater hip swing, more asymmetric thigh movements and intermediate arm movements.
- Dr Nick Neave at the University said that dancing serves 2 purposes for women: demonstrating their reproductive quality, and showing off to other women, with the use of the hips being integral in this process.
- Results of the study have been published in the Scientific Reports Journal.
Leave a Reply