- Uruguay has progressed to the knockout rounds of the 2014 World Cup by eliminating Italy in a 1-0 victory.
- The winning goal was scored by Diego Godin shortly after Giorgio Chiellini alleged that Luis Suarez bit his shoulder. Photos indicate there were bite marks on Giorgio’s shoulder.
- FIFA has said it will investigate the incident and deliver a decision before Uruguay’s game against Colombia on Saturday.
- FIFA is empowered to use video footage to punish players for inconclusive/unseen incidents during games.
- Luis has previously been banned on 2 separate occasions for biting opponents, while playing for Liverpool and Ajax Amsterdam.