An Italian woman married herself in a ceremony with 70 guests, bridesmaids and a wedding cake.
Using a combination of science and the world’s best runners, Nike’s Breaking2 team came agonisingly close to breaking the 2-hour mark for a full marathon!
Former lecturer with PhD in Mechanical Engineering branded “world’s hottest maths teacher” after student discovered he was 2014 European Fitness Model Champion.
A 2-year investigation by Italian police lead to secret mafia initiation rites being caught on film for the first time and the arrest of suspected gangsters believed to be affiliated with Calabrian ‘Ndrangheta.
• Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi won his appeal against last year’s conviction for paying for sex with an underage prostitute, Karima El-Mahroug (‘Ruby the Heartstealer’).
• The Milan court therefore threw out Mr Berlusconi’s 7-year jail sentence.
• The wreck of the luxury liner Costa Concordia has been refloated in one of the largest salvage operations in history.
• The ship was refloated by pumping air into 30 large metal boxes attached to its hull.
• The ship ran aground 2 and a half years ago, with its captain Francesco Schettino now on trial for manslaughter.
• Uruguay has progressed to the knockout rounds of the 2014 World Cup by eliminating Italy in a 1-0 victory.
• The winning goal was scored by Diego Godin shortly after Giorgio Chiellini alleged that Luis Suarez bit his shoulder.
• FIFA has said it will investigate the incident and deliver a decision before Uruguay’s game against Colombia on Saturday.
• Mario Balotelli has headed the winning goal in Italy’s 2-1 victory over England at the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
• Other scorers in the game were Claudio Marchisio for Italy and Daniel Sturridge for Englan
• Embarrassingly, England’s team physiotherapist injured himself while celebrating England’s goal, and had to be stretchered off