The largely FIFA-funded film United Passions has flopped at the cinema, taking just $607 in its opening weekend in the US!
• Uruguay has progressed to the knockout rounds of the 2014 World Cup by eliminating Italy in a 1-0 victory.
• The winning goal was scored by Diego Godin shortly after Giorgio Chiellini alleged that Luis Suarez bit his shoulder.
• FIFA has said it will investigate the incident and deliver a decision before Uruguay’s game against Colombia on Saturday.
• Argentine FA President Julio Grondona said he believed Argentina scored a late goal against Iran on Saturday because ‘jinxed’ Diego Maradona had left the Mineirao stadium by then.
• In response, Diego Maradona showed Argentine FA President Julio Grondona the finger on live television, telling him to “jinx this”.
• Mario Balotelli has headed the winning goal in Italy’s 2-1 victory over England at the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
• Other scorers in the game were Claudio Marchisio for Italy and Daniel Sturridge for Englan
• Embarrassingly, England’s team physiotherapist injured himself while celebrating England’s goal, and had to be stretchered off
• The opening match of the 2014 FIFA World Cup has ended in Brazil 3, Croatia 1.
• 2 goals were scored by Brazilian superstar, Neymar and the other by Oscar.
• Although the 2nd Brazilian goal resulted from a ‘soft’ penalty given against Croatia, Brazil sealed their dominance with Oscar’s goal in 2nd half overtime.
• It seems Brazil are on the march this World Cup!