- Dallas, Texas bookstore ‘The Wild Detectives’ is using clickbait-style headlines to encourage people to read classic novels!
- The ‘Litbait’ campaign was launched during a social media campaign on National Read a Book Day.
- The premise is simple: a book’s title/theme is summarised using a clickbait sort of headline, such as ‘Stop Eating Garlic Now!’ (Dracula by Bram Stoker) or ‘Backpacker had the worst trip ever when island tribe attacked him with poop’ (Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift).
- Once clicked, the reader is directed to the entire text of the novel. At the top of that page: “You fell for the bait, now fall for the book.”.
- Love, love, love this campaign!
- Check out The Wild Detectives for more.