- According to New York businessman Seth Wheeler’s 1891 toilet paper patent, toilet paper was intended to sit OVER the roll, which solves a VERY dated mystery
- The patent was reportedly found by Owen Williams and tweeted to his 8,000 followers.
- The findings seemingly end the century-old debate as to whether toilet paper sits on top or under the toilet roll.
- Seth Wheeler’s invention was essentially the commodity we now all take for granted – perforated toilet paper.
- What they used before 1891 is beyond me!