- A Californian man has been charged with stealing a Ferrari after he was found asking people for gas money at a gas station.
- It’s reported that the Ferrari 458 Spider was dropped off at a Costa Mesa Service Center, but a worker left the key on the passenger seat.
- According to security footage, the car was then taken by a man wearing a Ferrari jacket.
- Two weeks later, Israel Perez Rangel was found asking for gas money at a Santa Ana Mobil station. Israel reportedly fled from police officers, but was later captured and arrested.
- According to The LA Times, the $300,000 car was found trashed (cracked fins, destroyed gearbox and vomit…), but insurers paid out the owner, who used the money to buy a 2018 Lamborghini Huracan.