- A South Carolina man walked into a Waffle House at 3am, but the only employee was asleep, so he cooked his own meal in a drunken escapade that has gone viral.
- Alex Bowen from West Columbia says he walked into his local Waffle House after a night out drinking with friends, but nobody served him after waiting at the counter for 10 minutes.
- After an unsuccessful attempt to find staff, Alex “got hot” on the grill to make his go-to meal, a Texas Bacon Cheesesteak Melt, which is when he saw the employee fast asleep.
- Alex says the employee did not wake during his time there, and nobody entered the store.
- Alex returned later that day to pay for his meal.
- In response to the event, Waffle House urged people not to get behind the counter, and says it will take appropriate disciplinary action.
- However, Alex’s skills were recognised, and has been offered a job.