- Citizen science group ‘Science for the Masses’ has used Chlorin e6 to develop eye drops that give temporary superhuman night vision!
- Chlorin e6 (Ce6) is a natural molecule that allows certain deep sea fish to see in the dark, which has recently been used to treat night blindness and in some cancer treatments prior to that.
- During testing, eye drops were placed into the eyes of volunteer Gabriel Licina, who was reportedly able to identify people in pitch black conditions in the woods 100% of the time from a distance of 50 meters (160 feet), even when they were standing against a tree.
- The control group who did not get the Ce6 were only able to correctly distinguish objects 33% of the time.
- The effects of Ce6 are said to last a few hours. Science for the Masses is an organisation dedicated to making science more available to the average person that claims to be independent of any university or government agency.
Leave a Reply