- The Queensland Police Service posted a makeshift ‘Nickelback’ wanted poster to its Facebook page, warning residents to avoid these men “impersonating musicians”.
- At the time, the Canadian rock outfit had kick-started its ‘No Fixed Address’ Australian tour.
- The full ‘BOLO’ (be on the lookout) Facebook post read as follows: “Police are on the lookout for these men who are believed to be impersonating musicians around Boondall this evening. Avoid the area. It may be hazardous to your hearing and street cred.”
- It seems that Nickelback is a popular band to hate, with websites such as “Don’t let Nickel back’ being launched and even a Kickstarter campaign to ensure they stay out of London!
- The Queensland Police Service has a long history of using its social media accounts to post humorous updates.