- It’s reported that 38 new emoji have been approved, including ‘selfie’ and ‘face palm’, but we will have to wait until Unicode’s planned 9.0 update in June 2016!
- Unicode is a Californian consortium of developers and designers that standardise characters and emojis across all operating systems.
- It’s reported that the consortium’s emoji subcommittee finalised the additions and submitted them to members for approval earlier this month.
- Some of the new additions include ‘rolling on the floor laughing’, ‘handshake, ‘shrug’, ‘clinking glasses’, ‘bacon’ and ‘pregnant woman’.
- A post by Sam Biddle at Gawker reportedly inspired some of the new emoji, with Unicode even referencing some of the images in that article.
- These updates follow the recent additions as part of Unicode’s 8.0 update, which included different skin tones and a taco!
- Check out the links below for a full list!