- Hundreds of parents, police and parents have been arrested in the Indian state of Bihar after reports emerged of blatant cheating in school exams.
- Images, first published by the Hindustan times, show dozens of men scaling buildings to pass notes containing answers to students, and even flying folded paper planes into windows!
- According to Gupteshwar Pandey, a police official in Bihar, at least 2 policemen were arrested after being implicated in the scam.
- In addition to the arrests, more than 600 students who were caught cheating have been expelled.
- More than 1.4 million students, crammed into 1,217 examination centres in Bihar have taken tests this week. The tests are viewed as ‘make-or-break’ that could turn the lives around of those growing up in poverty.