- Authorities in Oregon allowed a man to take a mugshot with his parrot after they realised the parrot looked distressed without its owner.
- According to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Craig Buckner brought his 4-year-old Macaw to court because he did not expected to be jailed.
- Craig had instructed the bird to wait for him in a tree outside, but Deputy Shoana McKelvey brought it back inside when she found it in distress, being circled by crows.
- Shoana told KPTV that the bird had been with Craig since it hatched, and she could tell how concerned he was when he went into custody.
- Shoana added that the situation was already stressful enough for Craig, and that her act “brought relief” to Craig and “safety to his bird”.