- An off-duty police officer dressed as Batman at a Texas Walmart stopped a man who tried to leave the store without paying for a number of things, including the Lego Batman Movie!
- Damon Cole was participating in a child safety fair when he was alerted to the man, who set off the exit door alarm.
- When Damon introduced himself as a cop, the man initially denied any wrongdoing, but later admitted to the theft of 4 DVDs. Damon said “You can’t steal my movie, man!”, and escorted the man back into the store.
- The man told Damon he was down on his luck and had stolen the movies to surprise his 5-year-old kid.
- He received a ticket as the goods were worth less than $100.
- Damon even obliged when the man asked for a selfie!
- As for Damon, he’s a true superhero. He travels the country (at his own expense) visiting kids who have cancer, and even attends the funerals of those who have lost their fight.
- Damon says he is fascinated by superheros and says he just wants to make a difference – so he set up nonprofit group ‘Heroes and Cops’ to approach corporations for donations.
- Not only does he lend his support to children, he helps to create positive perceptions of law enforcement. Awesome.