- A Pittsburgh man tried to use an alarm clock in a DIY home project, but it got stuck in a wall cavity and has been going off every day for the last 13 years!
- Jerry Lynn says he tied string around an alarm clock, then dropped it through an air vent.
- The plan was that the alarm would go off in 10 minutes, letting him know where to punch a hole in the wall for a TV connection.
- The problem? The alarm came loose, and couldn’t be retrieved.
- Jerry thought the alarm would simply run out of battery power after a few months.
- That was 13 years ago, and the alarm still rings at 6:50pm/7:50pm (depending on daylight savings) every night. Jerry’s wife, Sylvia, says the alarm starts softly, but then the beeps get louder and closer together, which can startle guests.