- A comical mix-up at a roundabout caused mourners to follow the wrong hearse for 9 miles, which left family members waiting in torrential rain at the gravesite.
- It’s reported that 3 cars containing nephews and pallbearers of the deceased became separated from the convoy of cars at a roundabout.
- As a result, they followed another hearse which was headed in a different direction on the A50 in Wales for another 9 miles before being called back by the family members who were waiting at the gravesite in Pembrokeshire.
- Mrs Howard’s son, Gareth Howard, said his mum would have found the mix-up amusing.
- The Vicar who presided over the funeral Canon Geoffrey Gwyther said he’d devote a chapter in his memoirs to the amazing coincidence that led the mix-up.