- McDonald’s has unveiled a new ‘suburban dad’ look for its iconic Hamburglar, which people are calling either sexy or creepy.
- The Hamburglar’s new look was unveiled by McDonald’s in a short video released on Wednesday.
- In the video, the Hamburglar is portrayed as a suburban dad grilling hamburgers on his lawn.
- The red haired, single-toothed cartoon of your childhood has been replaced by a grown-up man with a chiselled jaw and long coat (think Armie Hammer in Lone Ranger as a guide).
- The new Hamburglar will feature in ads for the fast food giant’s new Sirloin Third Pound Burger accompanied by the hashtag #robblerobble.
- The revamp is part of McDonald’s attempts to reverse it decline in sales, which has been attributed to, among other things, fierce competition and an unfavourable perception of the quality of its food.
- Memes of the new Hamburglar are already doing the rounds, with many women saying he can steal their hamburgers any day…
Leave a Reply