- According to a recent online survey of 2,000 women, the average 16-24 year old spends about 48 minutes a day taking the perfect selfie.
- The time taken to take the perfect selfie includes hair and outfit changes, make-up correction, positioning for best light and the time taken to select a photo and post to various social media accounts.
- Nearly a third of respondents said the ‘likes’ built their self-esteem, with photos often deleted when they don’t receive enough likes immediately.
- Accotding to Stuff.co.nz, Dr Jeremy Adams, registered psychologist, states that the feeling we receive after a ‘hit’ of social media ‘likes’ is similar to that received when gambling or taking a line of cocaine given that it triggers the same part of the brain.
- Just for the record, this ‘selfie-time’ amounts to approximately 5 and a half hours a week!