- As always, the Grammy Awards provided us with talking points, such as Sia’s giant wig and Kanye’s mini stage-invasion during Beck’s award for album of the year.
- Sia turned up to the awards in a giant (face-covering) blonde wig, next to the star of her film clips, dancer Maddie Ziegler . Sia then performed Chandelier with her back to the crowd, having recruited actress Kristen Wiig to take her place.
- Earlier last year, Sia explained why she doesn’t like to show her face, clarifying reports she is ‘media-shy’ by saying “I don’t want to be famous or recognisable…I don’t want to be critiqued about the way I look on the internet”, adding that she just wanted to lead a “private life”.
- On the other hand, Kanye seemed like he was to repeat his 2009 stage invasion of Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech when Beck took to the stage to collect his ‘Best Album’ award for Morning Phase.
- Kanye stormed the stage, with a bemused Beck encouraging him to hang around. However, Kanye kept walking and left the stage.
- Although many thought Kanye was mocking his 2009 effort, he later clarified that Beck should have “respected the artistry” and given the award to Beyonce.
- Footage not aired on the evening shows Jay-Z looking on in horror as Kanye walked on stage, only to burst out laughing when Kanye kpt walking and left the stage.