- Hydration is tricky business for some people, just ask German keeper Mark Flekken.
- During a Bundesliga 2 game, the MSV Duisburg goalkeeper was celebrating a goal for his team, but didn’t realise it was ruled out for an offside violation, so he turned his back to have a drink of water.
- But the right-back from FC Ingolstadt knew what was going on, so he took his free kick and lobbed the ball down field.
- After a failed attempt by a Druisberg defender to intercept the pass, it was tapped in for a goal by striker Stefan Kutschke.
- Mark didn’t know what had happened until the ball passed him in the net!
- Thankfully for Mark, his team won the game 2-1 but says he expects to get stick from his friends for some time. He says he’ll burn the water bottle at home, and will never put water bottles inside his goal anymore.
- Footage linked here.
Leave a Reply