- Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?
- Well, it’s alleged that Thomas Hooper a police Constable at Kingston Operational Command Unit, south-west London took a tin of biscuits belonging to a colleague from the communal area, then gave a false account of his actions.
- According to Skynews, Met Police representative Charles Apthrop said the incident “shows clear evidence of misappropriation of property.
- The officer was aware [the biscuits] belonged to someone else and the officer has taken it”, indicating a “fundamental lack of integrity”.
- Although Thomas claims he intended to share the biscuits, then offered to replace them, (then) Inspector Sarah Blake said by that time the biscuits had been eaten, and in her mind “theft is theft”.
- The hearing (which continues later today) also concerns a separate traffic matter in which Thomas is alleged to have breached professional standards.