- Despite cold/lukewarm reviews, Fifty Shades of Grey is breaking records, taking in $94.4 million in the US and $172 million internationally in its opening 4 days in theatres.
- It now holds the record for ‘President’s Day’ debuts and is the 2nd strongest February opening behind Passion of the Christ.
- By comparison, Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain America: The Winter Soldier took 94.3m and 95m respectively in their opening weekends.
- It’s reported that 32% of Fifty Shades’ moviegoers have been men and that the movie cost $40 million to make.
- For those unimpressed/not interested, I’ve been told the Lego Fifty Shades trailer is much better. Link below!