- Sometimes it pays to be a not-so-early bird…
- Police are looking for a man they suspect tried to rob 2 banks in Des Moines, Iowa but was unsuccessful because he arrived too early and the doors were locked.
- Security footage shows a man, whose face was covered by a red bandanna, trying to enter a Marine Credit Union branch at 8:15 am (which does not open until 11 am on Wednesdays). It’s reported that employees in the parking lot watched the man trying to open the doors, then fleeing when he realised they were locked.
- Later, a man “described almost exactly like the first” was unable to enter a nearby First National Bank branch at 845 am (which opened at 9 am that day) after he spotted police officer inside the bank.
- Lessons to be learned here, friends. Banks have great hours.