- This is love. A former homeless man decided to share the love on Valentine’s Day by purchasing 100 roses, and giving them to 100 strangers on Australia’s Gold Coast.
- The story was originally shared on Facebook by filmmaker Lance Smith, who ran into Cameron while buying a coffee.
- At the time, Cameron was selling ‘The Big Issue’, an independent magazine sold on the streets by homeless, marginalised and disadvantaged people.
- Cameron told Lance that he had been diagnosed with schizophrenia and suffers from depression, but that this has improved since selling the magazine, as he feels he has a purpose.
- Cameron told Lance of his Valentine’s plans, and that he would be giving out the roses for free as he likes to “see the joy and smile on people’s faces”.
- Lance and Cameron split the costs 50/50, then Cameron took to the streets and made a lot of people very happy.
- He also did very well with magazine sales.
- What a legend!