- Australian man Mick Brown unearthed a 2.7 kilogram solid gold nugget, worth about $141,000, while prospecting near Wedderburn Victoria.
- Mick says the discovery started when his wife told him to leave the house and get some fresh air, as he was getting grumpy during the process of giving up smoking.
- A seasoned prospector, Mick says the machine went off loudly over a particular spot, following which he located the nugget only 15cm below the surface!
- Mick named his find the “fair dinkum nugget”, saying it has “good grooves and moves”, and hopes that a private collector will offer more than $141,000 for the good looking nugget.
- When asked about how he will spend his earnings, Mick said he will take his wife and kids out to dinner, pay his tax bill and buy a spa bath for his children.