- Apple has revealed details about its first wearable, the Apple Watch, which has been described as the “most advanced time piece ever created.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says the watch has ‘all-day’ battery life, which is approximately 18 hours.
- The watch will let users make calls without needing to grab their phone. Vibration alerts can be set for incoming calls and messages.
- The watch will track your movements, to monitor your exercise or to tell you that you’ve been sitting down too long.
- Users will be able to make payments through ‘Apple Pay’, with no need to authenticate on the phone.
- Every notification on your phone can be sent to the watch. Tim Cook says this is handy as it’s easier to glance at your watch than pull out your phone. In this regard the watch face will be entirely customisable, letting you add the weather, meetings and other informational indicators.
- 3 models of the watch will be available on 24 April – the regular model, the Apple Watch Sport and the Apple Watch Edition.
- Pricing? Well, it ranges from $349 to $1,099, with the anomaly being the ‘Edition’ which is made of 18-karat solid gold casing and starts at $10,000!!