- An audience member actually walked onto the stage of Broadway show Hand to God and tried to use a fake power outlet to charge his mobile phone!
- The incident occurred at Booth Theatre about 2 minutes before the show was set to begin, startling the crew and theatre-goers.
- Although the event was recounted by many, fellow audience member Chris York described the moment in a Facebook post; pointing out that there were no stairs to the stage – so the man had to leap onto the stage and walk 15 feet to reach the visibly fake power outlet.
- Cast member Sarah Stiles used Twitter to query whether it was a full moon or the man was simply an idiot, while fellow cast member Marc Kudisch reminded people that prop electrical sockets are not there for them to charge their iPhones.
- According to Broadway Adjacent, the man asked “well, where can I charge it” after he was ushered offstage!
- Thankfully, someone recorded the incident –linked below.
Leave a Reply