- A china-bound Thai Air Asia flight was diverted back to Bangkok after a passenger threw a boiling hot cup of noodles at a flight attendant.
- The argument is reported to have started when the passenger complained that she was not seated next to her travel partner. Although the flight attendant arranged for adjoining seats, this was apparently not good enough.
- The argument escalated when her travel partner complained he was not given change in Chinese currency for the noodles, after which they were thrown by the woman.
- What’s more, the man became irate after he learned that the pilot was turning the plane around and became even more hostile when the authorities boarded the plane to collect him and the woman.
- It was at this point that he reportedly insisted he had a bomb and threatened to blow up the plane!
- Footage of the incident was uploaded to YouTube and has since gone viral.