- Faith restored!
- More than $370,000 has been raised for 89-year-old Fidencio Sanchez after a stranger started a GoFundMe campaign to help the Poncho Paleta man.
- Sanchez has been selling paletas (Mexican-style ice pops) in Chicago’s Little Village Neighbourhood for 23 years.
- Sanchez retired this summer, but was forced to return to work when his wife became ill and their only daughter passed away.
- Good guy stranger Joel Cervantes started the online campaign when he saw Sanchez pushing his cart up a hill, explaining that it broke his heart to see “this man who should be enjoying retirement still working at this age”.
- Although the original goal was $3,000, the people of Chicago dug deep for Sanchez, with the campaign being the most successful of all time in Illinois.
- According to Sanchez’ boss, Sanchez plans to retire with the money – but was not available for comment as he was at work…
Leave a Reply