- Democracy at work!
- Maritime staff will refuse to work on Sydney’s newest harbour vessel, which was named Ferry McFerryface following a public poll.
- The name was selected from 15,000 entries received on the Name Your Ferry website.
- But Maritime Union of Australia spokesperson Paul Garrett says the “stupid” name shows the Transport Minister is taking the mickey out of public transport in NSW.
- Paul told 2GB he could not understand why Sydney Harbour should suffer a “second-hand joke from the UK”, and that staff would refuse to work on the vessel.
- The winning name was actually Boaty McBoatface, but there is a British vessel with the same name, so the next most popular name was selected – Ferry McFerryface.
- Ferry McFerryface will join other ferries in the harbour, which are named named after iconic Australian people and locations.
- What do you think?
Leave a Reply