- These girls are my new heroes
- Seattle sisters Rebecca (11) & Kimberly (9) Yeung launched their ‘Loki Lego Launcher 2.0′ craft into the stratosphere over central Washington, which reached beyond 100,000 feet before returning to Earth!
- It took a little more than 3 hours to complete the mission, which was tracked using 2 onboard tracking systems (links were provided for people to follow along).
- With the assistance of their father, Winston, the girls updated their fans of the progress of their mission. via their blog.
- Also on board the balloon-borne craft was Loki the Cat and Star Wars Lego figure Rey, which were captured by the craft’s camera in an amazing picture that shows the curvature of the Earth!
- The “super giddy group of stratospheric explorers” posed for a photo with their craft once it landed in Adams County, Washington and confirmed that their analysis of the data will follow… after they have an ice cream.
- You’re never too young to reach for the stars!