- In light of the creepy clown sightings around the world, McDonald’s will limit public appearances made by Ronald McDonald!
- While there is no timeframe on the move, in the emailed statement from spokesperson Terri Hickey, Ronald’s participation in community events will be limited for the “time being”.
- The ‘creepy clown’ craze is said to have started in South Carolina earlier this year, with reports of people being chased or otherwise terrorised by clowns.
- Although many sightings were found to be pranks, arrests have been made and many schools have banned clown costumes this Halloween.
- The issue has had a profound effect on actual clowns, with an ‘All Clown Lives Matter’ march planned in Tucson, Arizona this month.
- According to a 2014 Rasmussen poll, 43% of North Americans don’t like clowns, with 6.8% saying they are a cause of anxiety.
- Stay safe everyone and keep smiling #NotAllClowns
Leave a Reply