- A 4th-grade student in Texas was reportedly suspended after he claimed he possessed the ‘One Ring’ and threatened to use it to make a classmate disappear.
- Aiden Steward had recently watched “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” days earlier with his family and was clearly inspired to play make-believe, as many children do.
- However, Kermit Elementary School called it a threat and suspended Aiden for his actions. The school has declined to comment further on the suspension given that student matters are confidential.
- Aiden’s father clarified that his son had no such power and that, even if he did, he was sure Aiden would bring his schoolmate back.
- Those familiar with Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit may feel the student could not have carried through with such a threat anyway, given that the ‘One Ring’ enables its wearer to become invisible, rather than vanish them forever.
- It’s reported that Aiden has been suspended 3 times prior to this event, once for bringing “The Big Book of Knowledge” to school – which contains a chapter on pregnancy.
Leave a Reply