- When contestants at a Miss Peru pageant were asked to give waist, hip and bust sizes, they instead shared violence against women statistics.
- The movement was led by Camila Canicoba, who said there have been 2,202 cases of femicide in the last 9 years, in Peru alone.
- The winner, Romina Lozano told viewers and judges about the 3,114 women victims of trafficking up until 2014.
- Newspaper clippings were projected onto the screen while the bikini-clad women recited statistics about trafficking, femicide and harassment.
- Miss Peru 2018 organizer Jessica Newton told Buzzfeed “Everyone who does not denounce and everyone who does not do something to stop this is an accomplice”, and (very relevant to the event), “If I walk out in a bathing suit I am just as decent as a woman who walks out in an evening dress”.
- Hear, hear! Brave women, important message. Change is coming.
Leave a Reply