- The Mayor of a Mexican town has married a crocodile as part of a ritual to bring luck to local fishermen.
- It’s reported that the ‘Princess’ was baptised, wore a wedding dress and was paraded around town to music prior to the ceremony.
- However, the Princess also had her jaws clamped shut, which will surely raise issues of trust later on for the newlyweds.
- The ritual in the the southern town of San Pedro Huamelula dates back to 1789, and is meant to symbolise the union of 2 indigenous groups, Chontales and the Huaves (also known as the Mareños).
- According to the legend, the groups’ conflict ended when the son and daughter of respective Kings got married.
Leave a Reply